How to Care for Your Artificial Grass?Sublime Landscaping
The following tips will help you ensure that your synthetic grass always has a great appearance and feels pleasant to use:
- Brush the grass from time to time to restore the fibres to their natural vertical position.
- Pay attention to the sharp edges of objects placed on artificial grass (furniture, garden tools, etc.).
- At very high temperatures sprinkle synthetic grass with water to increase the comfort of use.
- For dust and atmospheric pollution just rinse with water.
- General stains will also just rinse out with water. Where water is insufficient use warm water with vinegar or soap. To clean the grass thoroughly use a cloth, mop or brush with soft bristles. Difficult washable stains e.g. oil, may require professional cleaning of the grass by a specialist company.
- Vegetation e.g. leaves, weeds – remove manually using a brush with soft tips, a leaf blower or by using biodegradable weed killer.
- For animal droppings remove the heavy excrement and then rinse the residue with water. In cases of unpleasant odours rinse with water and vinegar or soap.
- To remove chewing gum freeze the gum using ice in a spray or ice cubes, then remove the frozen rubber from the artificial grass.
- Avoid quenching or throwing cigarettes on artificial grass.
- Be especially careful when grilling or BBQing and also if using fireworks.